Friday, May 3, 2024

Blog 3 ( days 6 and 7)

 During this week our sophomores at our school had testing all week. Therefor one of our hallways in our high school was shut off reserved for their testing. Because of this the whole week we had fast friday schedule which means every class everyday for a shorter amount of time. Not only that, but the teachers whose classrooms were in that hallway had to move classroom and adapt to the resources in that classroom to continue teaching.

Starting with my 2nd period since I do not have a first period, this teacher did not have to move classrooms since her room was already in the hallway that was not reserved. However she did have to change what she could teach each period since the time was cut in half. So what my teacher did was take the 2 days that she would have us that week and split it up throughout the whole week. For example we would go over a new subject then do one worksheet that day. Then the next day we would do more of that topic and review the move onto the next lesson the next day.

Going into my 3rd period whose classroom did get switched. Luckily each classroom has a tv in them therefore my teacher just had to bring calculators from her room and a folder for us to put in our homework that we completed.  So my teacher didn't have to do much besides hookup to the tv in that room.

Continuing in my 4th period. This teacher was already in the hallway that didn't have to move so this teacher didn't have to change up the way he taught or use different resources. After 4th period the testing was completed and we were able to go back to our normal classrooms.

Overall the teachers had to use many different ways to adapt and use the resources that were in the classroom to complete each period. Not only did the classroom affect the way the teachers could teach but also the time limit and amount of work that could be completed each period. From this week I have learned great tips of how to adapt as well as what is needed in each classroom depending on the subject.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 6 (day 1 &10)

 I have now done my very last observation, along with my mini teach in Mrs.Hall's class. I'm so grateful to now have the experience ...